Here are some services that I provide for my buyers:
1. Help in locating good sources of mortgage loans, in negotiating the trems of those loans, and working effectively with the lender.
2. Mapping of active, under contract, and sold properties meeting your search criteria, to help you get a comprehensive understanding of the market niche that your criteria define (e.g., so that you are aware of all the neighborhoods where you could buy a home, how quickly homes in those neighborhoods sell, and for what differential off asking price).
3. Talk you out of buying homes you like but that are likely to be difficult resales. I’ve been through many of houses with many buyers, so I know more about this than you do.
4. Help talk you through the standard offer form and provide you the option of using any addendum…that may provide you with substantial protections not provided in the standard contract.
5. Help you analyze price and value and work through a negotiating strategy. We would not take the negotiating process over for you, but we can give you helpful advice…..sometimes. We can always provide some perspective, since we’ve been through this many times.
6. Recommend inspectors/testors and types of inspections and tests.
7. Assist in interpreting inspection results and negotiating inspection issues…and making the decision as to whether this house is worth fighting through these issues for. Again, this is your decision, but we can add perspective from experience.
8. Assist in reading documents like HOA finances and title commitments, makeing sure you get all the right documents, and pushing for additional information and documents when info and experience demand it.
9. Assist in coordinating communications between the lender and title company and seller and buyer so that everything is properly prepared for closing. Most of the last minute nightmares that buyers have at or near closing are a function of informtion not moving properly between these people.
10. Help you through the closing process and closing documents.